Find Out What’s Great about Living in Northwest Washington
Northwest Washington offers the best of all worlds for the people who work at Skagit Regional Health. Every type of living and lifestyle is available within easy reach of all our locations. Our region, located just north of Seattle, offers urban areas with large cities, rural areas with small towns, seaside communities, mountain hamlets and everything in between.
From kayaking to karaoke, fire pits to fantastic restaurants and beaches to bike trails – our corner of the state lets you live the life that you’ve always envisioned. Live in one community, play in another. Our weather never gets too hot or too cold to stop you from doing exactly what you want to do.
Surrounded by one of nature’s most beautiful and clean natural environments the region offers:
- Desirable and affordable housing options
- Exceptional public and private school systems
- Endless opportunities to maintain an active lifestyle
- Multiple higher education choices
- A thriving business community
- A strong economy
- Low unemployment
This is why top healthcare professionals from across the country are coming to Skagit Regional Health and calling Northwest Washington their new home.
The Counties That Skagit Regional Health Serves
Our system of two acute-care hospitals and approximately two dozen primary and specialty-care clinics serves patients in three diverse and thriving counties:
- Island County, with a population of about 83,000 people. There are seven cities and towns in Island County. The largest city is Oak Harbor, with a population of about 23,000 people.
- Skagit County, with a population of about 126,000 people. There are 18 cities and towns in Skagit County. The largest city is Mount Vernon, with a population of about 35,000 people.
- Snohomish County, with a population of about 802,000 people. There are 32 cities and towns in Snohomish County. The largest city is Everett, with a population of about 111,000 people.
Please visit the county websites and dream about what it would be like to live, play and work in the counties that Skagit Regional Health serves.
The Communities that Skagit Regional Health Serves
Through our comprehensive system of inpatient and outpatient facilities, Skagit Regional Health serves patients in the following nine unique
- Anacortes in Skagit County
- Arlington in Snohomish County
- Camano Island in Island County
- Darrington in Snohomish County
- Granite Falls in Snohomish County
- Mount Vernon in Skagit County
- Oak Harbor in Island County
- Smokey Point in Snohomish County
- Stanwood in Snohomish County
Please visit these city websites and learn more about the communities that many of your peers and their families have made their home.
Learn more about Mount Vernon and Arlington, where our two acute-care hospitals are located.