What is Hospice?
Hospice provides comprehensive care and comfort for patients facing serious illness and the loved ones who care for them.
Services Provided by Hospice of the Northwest
Skagit Regional Health partners with Hospice of the Northwest to provide hospice services to our patients.
Serving the residents of Skagit, Island, San Juan and Snohomish Counties since 1989, Hospice of the Northwest provides security and support to patients and families at a time when they may be experiencing discomfort, confusion, stress and grief.
They provide a complete range of services designed to ease the symptoms and difficulties of late-stage illness, which improves everyone's quality of life. Working with you, your loved ones and your physician, they will create a plan of care centered on your goals, needs, beliefs and comfort.
The team includes:
- Medical Directors, who are physicians trained in hospice and palliative care.
- Registered Nurse Care Managers, who are highly experienced in caring for patients with life-limiting illnesses.
- Social Workers, who focus on the non-medical needs of patients and families. With extensive experience in family and individual counseling, they can facilitate coping, find answers to questions, and locate community resources.
- Spiritual Counselors, who provide spiritual counseling while respecting your beliefs.
- Certified Hospice Care Aides, who are skilled at providing personal care for patients.
- Volunteers, who are specially trained to assist patients with caring companionship and respite visits for caregiver relief.
- Donors, who provide the support that makes our work possible.