Personalized Gynecologic Services for Women
The expert gynecology team at Skagit Regional Health has the extensive training and experience to diagnose and treat the many common and not-so-common health conditions and challenges of women today. Gynecology, also called GYN, is a medical field that focuses on the female reproductive system. A GYN checkup is an annual health check, like a dental checkup or an eye exam.
Comprehensive Care for Women at Every Age
Our gynecology team at Skagit Regional Health offers an exceptional patient-centered experience as they provide care for women of all life stages, including:
- Adolescence or the transitional stage of physical and psychological growth that occurs at puberty or about age 13 to 18 years
- Childbearing years or the average reproductive years between 21 and 51
- Perimenopause, beginning between 8 to 10 years before menopause, and the transition to menopause
- Menopause, a normal stage in life when a woman stops having her monthly period, usually in a woman’s late 40s to early 50s
- Post-menopause or the years after menopause
Whether we’re providing routine health examinations, diagnosis and treatment of minor disorders of the female reproductive system or treating malignancies of the female genital tract, we offer women a high-quality health care experience.
Complete Breast Health Services
Skagit Regional Health women’s health services offer complete breast health services, including routine and diagnostic mammograms using digital technology. Mammograms can help detect breast cancers in the earliest, most treatable stages. Our digital mammography allows radiologists to gain a more advanced image than conventional mammography to evaluate breast health and any possible areas of concern.
Our women’s specialists also offer several other breast health services including stereotactic breast needle biopsy, ductograms and preoperative needle localization. Diagnostic breast ultrasound, as well as ultrasound-guided procedures, are performed on-site. For any need, our team provides comprehensive breast health services.
A Proactive Approach to Well-Woman Exams
The gynecology team at Skagit Regional Health are leaders in diagnosing, managing and treating both routine and complex women’s
health conditions. During a GYN visit, women can talk openly with the physician about a range of
health care topics, including:
- Breast health
- Family planning/Birth control
- Fertility and reproductive health
- Gynecologic tests and procedures
- Low libido
- Menopause symptoms
- Menstrual disorders
- Post-partum concerns
- Pregnancy issues
- Prevention guidelines for women
- Sexual health
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
For More Information About Gynecology Services
If you are in need of expert gynecology services, contact a provider at Skagit Regional Health or call the Mount Vernon clinic at 360-428-2575 or the Arlington clinic at 360-435-0242.