Hospice of the Northwest is one of the top 100 “2016 Modern Healthcare
Best Places to Work in Healthcare.”
Hospice of the Northwest, based in Mount Vernon, provides comprehensive care and comfort for patients facing serious illness and the loved ones who care for them. Established in 1989, Hospice of the Northwest’s 75 staff members serve more than 130 patients in Skagit, Island, San Juan and Snohomish counties. The Hospice of the Northwest Foundation provides financial support for staff education and to provide patient services not funded by Medicare. A portion of the Foundation’s support comes from the Annual Hospice Gala, scheduled for Saturday, September 10. For ticket information, go to www.hospicenw.org.
representatives will announce the rankings within the top 100 list at an awards event in October in New Orleans.
“We are most honored to be included on this list of the top places to work in healthcare in the country by Modern Healthcare
,” said Executive Director Bob Laws. “We take pride in offering a supportive, collaborative work environment for our staff and providers. Most importantly, we are all passionate about bringing expert medical, emotional, social and spiritual support to provide the best possible quality of life to patients and families at the end of life.”
The Hospice of the Northwest team includes:
- Medical Directors, who are physicians trained in hospice and palliative care.
- Registered Nurse Care Managers, who are highly experienced in caring for patients with life-limiting illnesses.
- Social Workers, who focus on the non-medical needs of patients and families. With extensive experience in family and individual counseling, they can facilitate coping, find answers to questions, and locate community resources.
- Spiritual Counselors, who provide spiritual counseling while respecting beliefs.
- Certified Nursing Aides, who are skilled at providing personal care for patients.
- Volunteers, who are specially trained to assist patients with caring companionship and respite visits for caregiver relief.
In 2015, Hospice of the Northwest was awarded accreditation by the Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc., (CHAP) under the CHAP Hospice Standards of Excellence. CHAP accreditation demonstrates that Hospice of the Northwest meets the industry’s highest nationally recognized standards.
To see the alphabetical list of 100 honorees for “2016 Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work in Healthcare,” go to this link
For questions, please contact Bob Laws, Executive Director, 360-814-5579, firstname.lastname@example.org