Deborah Fisher, RN receives DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Congratulations to Deborah Fisher, RN from the IV Therapy team at Skagit Valley Hospital for receiving the DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses
This award is presented to nurses who have been nominated as an outstanding role model for their clinical skill and for providing compassionate care.
Nurses who receive DAISY Awards consistently meet the following criteria:
- Interacts with patients, families and staff in a professional and personable manner.
- Demonstrates excellent medical evaluation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Provides a consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Is thoughtful and caring in all situations.
- Works well with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates consistent use of the nursing process in patient care.
- Excellent educator of patients and their families.
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing.
A staff member nominated Deborah for 45 years of dedication and care at Skagit Valley Hospital, stating, “Deborah walks into every situation with an air of calm and confidence, she sets her patients at ease and takes the time to educate her co-workers with kindness.
There are many patients who come into the hospital and ask for Debbie by name. She has made such a huge impact not only in their previous hospital stays, but in their lives. Sometimes, a single experience with an IV placement has the biggest impact on a patient, their stay in the hospital and their recovery overall. Deborah is that difference. She helps to make patients' stays less painful, less stressful and more geared towards healing. I am proud to work with her and so very glad to have her leading our team.”
Congratulations, Deborah! Thank you for your hard work and commitment to providing quality and compassionate care to our patients. We are proud to have you on our team at Skagit Regional Health!
To learn more about the DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses and to nominate an inpatient nurse, visit SkagitRegionalHealth.org/Daisy.