Halloween Safety Tips for Kids
Halloween is full of fun activities for kids of all ages, including trick-or-treating. Help ensure your children are participating in all the fun, while doing it safely. Here are some helpful tips from Safe Kids Worldwide.
Top Tips for Halloween Safety
- Carry glow sticks or flashlights, use reflective tape or stickers on costumes and bags, and wear light colors to help kids see and be seen by drivers.
- Join kids under age 12 for trick-or-treating
- Slow down and be alert! Kids are excited on Halloween and may dart into the street. Turn on headlights early in the day to spot kids from further away.
- Remind kids to cross the street at corners or crosswalks.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls. Choose face paint over masks when possible. Masks can limit children’s vision.
For additional Halloween safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide, visit here.