How Much Does Hospice Care Cost?
One of the biggest concerns people have about hospice care is how much it will cost. It’s a common misconception that hospice care is expensive and many people fear the financial burden it may cause their family.
These fears can be minimized by learning more from Hospice of the Northwest, a part of Skagit Regional Health. As a Medicare-certified, Washington state-approved hospice provider, nearly all expenses are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the Department of Veterans Affairs and/or by most private insurers
- High-quality nursing care
- Medication for symptom control and pain relief
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers and beds
- Medical supplies such as bandages and catheters
- Personal care, such as assistance with bathing or light housekeeping
- Social work to help navigate resources and provide emotional support
- Caregiver education and support
- Spiritual counseling
- Grief support and more
If a patient is not covered under insurance or struggling to pay out-of-pocket expenses, they may qualify for financial assistance through the Hospice of the Northwest Foundation.
Since opening in 1989, Hospice of the Northwest has never turned a patient away for the inability to pay. We help lift the financial burden of hospice care so patients and their loved ones can focus on what matters most: Living every moment with compassion and dignity.
If financial challenges are a concern, patients may call our office at 360-814-5550 for more information.
Learn more about paying for hospice care here.