June Construction Update: Mount Vernon Surgery Center
Construction of the Skagit Regional Health – Mount Vernon Surgery Center is closing in on the final major phases. Substantial construction completion is set for August to be followed by equipment and computer installation with first patient visits planned for December. The 60,000-square foot facility, northwest of Skagit Valley Hospital, is located at 211 S. 13th Street.
Here are some highlights:
- Operational walk-throughs begin in June to assist with placement of accessories and equipment.
- Exterior finishes are nearing completion and exterior signage will be mounted in September.
- Installation of all three elevators is in progress.
- Permanent power to the building goes online in June.
- Carpeting, painting and tile work is under way on all three levels and flooring in the Endoscopy procedure rooms is nearly complete.
- The cart washer and instrument washers were delivered in May and orders are in for OR equipment and Pyxis machines.
- Procedure lights are installed in clinic treatment rooms.
- Casework installations are underway in various areas throughout the building and furniture delivery and installation begins in late August.
- Parking lot plan and work continues and several sidewalks have been replaced in June with new ones.
A reminder about some of the basics about the building:
- 60,000 square foot, three-story outpatient surgery center and medical office building
- Patient-focused design
- First floor: Outpatient surgery center, endoscopy, sterile processing
- Four operating rooms
- One procedure room
- Three endoscopy procedure rooms
- Second floor:
- Third floor: