Foundation’s 34th annual Festival of Trees raised a record amount
The Skagit Regional Health Foundation’s 34th annual Festival of Trees raised a record amount reaching more than
$520,000 during Thanksgiving weekend. Proceeds will support the Foundation’s Cardiac Cares Capital Campaign.
“To see the success of this event is truly to appreciate the generosity of our amazing community coming together to support a vital patient service,” said Linda Frizzell, executive director of the Skagit Regional Health Foundation.
“We are grateful to our sponsors, bidders, buyers and volunteers who all were a part of the success of this event,” said Laura Fisher, who co-chaired with fellow Foundation trustee Bobbi Ahrenius.
In partnership with title sponsor Peoples Bank, the Foundation hosted three events during the Festival of Trees weekend in the Cascade Mall Center Court in Burlington
including the Friday, November 25 Gala and Auction sponsored by Heritage Bank and Dwayne Lane’s Skagit Subaru; the Saturday, November 26 “Jolly Gingerbread Jingle” Breakfast, sponsored by Whidbey Coffee; and
two Family Festival Days November 26 and 27 sponsored by Pacific Woodtech.
The Friday gala was attended by more than 600 guests and featured the live auction of 27 spectacularly decorated Christmas trees and a variety of live auction packages, tree raffle, designer wreaths and mini tabletop trees. The Sitka, Alaska Fishing Trip for Four, a Sports Fan’s Christmas Dream ticket package and the tree titled “Haute Coco,” sponsored by Skagit Radiology and designed by Adele Barborinas, Christa Roozen, Sarah Whitten, Andrea Roozen and Nicole Roozen, were the high-bid auction items.Several honors were announced at the Designer Appreciation and Buyer Preview event sponsored by Banner Bank:
- Designers’ Choice – Golfing Around the Christmas Tree, designed by Brad Sloan, Jessie Bennet and Deanna Babington
- President’s Choice – Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way, designed by Holly Tobiason and Debbie Connolly
- Festival Chairs’ Choice and Most Original Tree – It’s A Kraken Christmas, designed by the Jill Christensen team
- Most Traditional Theme – Winter Garden, designed by Diane Harris and Melissa Harris
- Best Children’s Theme – Rainbow Unicorn Christmas, designed by the Desiree Lange team
- Design Sponsor Banner Bank’s Choice – Haute Coco, designed by the Adele Barborinas Team
- Best Tree Topper - Viva Las Vegas tree, designed by the Shelly Langness team
- Team Spirit was awarded to the O Tannenbaum Tree Team
- Public Day Choice - Griswold Family Christmas, designed by the Tami Sutter Team
The Skagit Regional Health Foundation is in the midst of a $3 million capital campaign raising funds to purchase updated equipment for the Cardiac Catheterization Labs at Skagit Regional Health.