Janelle Saville, RN, receives DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Congratulations to Janelle Saville, RN, from the Emergency Department at Skagit Valley Hospital.
The DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses is presented to nurses who have been nominated as an outstanding role model for their clinical skill and providing compassionate care.
Nurses who receive DAISY Awards consistently meet the following criteria:
- Interacts with patients, families and staff in a professional and personable manner.
- Demonstrates excellent medical evaluation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Provides a consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Is thoughtful and caring in all situations.
- Works well with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates consistent use of the nursing process in patient care.
- Excellent educator of patients and their families.
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing.
Read the story included on Janelle's nomination form:
"Janelle works in the ER as a charge nurse. There was a night where each nurse had at least five patients including her and we were all overwhelmed. At 3 a.m., a patient declined rapidly and it turned out she had blown esophageal varices. Janelle led
the team with the compassion and leadership that only an extraordinary nurse could display. We began a mass transfusion and in the middle of absolute chaos she was coordinating nurse techs, lab, respiratory therapist and many more. All the while she
is at the head of the bed holding the patient on her side and comforting her. She spoke softly and kindly to a patient telling her she would be just fine in the middle of a true emergency. She was able to bring a smile to the patient’s face.
She brought exceptional leadership and calm to chaos. Her care, amazing nursing knowledge, skill and leadership has been recognized by many.
Congratulations, Janelle! Thank you for your hard work and commitment to providing quality and compassionate care to our patients. We are proud to have you on our team at Skagit Regional Health!
To learn more about the DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses and to nominate an inpatient nurse, visit www.skagitregionalhealth.org/daisy.
About The Healer's Touch statue: The statues awarded to DAISY Award® nominees are individually crafted by people in a town of Zimbabwe. The purchase of the statues is an essential financial support for that community.
Click here to learn more about the meaning and significance of The Healer's Touch statue and why it's a part of every DAISY Award® given.