Haley Carnahan, BSN, RN, receives DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Congratulations to Haley Carnahan, BSN, RN, from the Emergency Department at Skagit Valley Hospital.
The DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses recognizes and honors the super-human work nurses do for patients and families every day. This award is presented to nurses who have been nominated as an outstanding role model for their clinical skill and providing compassionate care.
Nurses who receive DAISY awards consistently meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates excellent medical evaluation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Interacts with patients, families and staff in a professional and personable manner.
- Provides a consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Is thoughtful and caring in all situations.
- Works well with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates consistent use of the nursing process in patient care.
- Excellent educator of patients and their families.
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing.
Read the story included on Haley's nomination form:
"For four days, Haley worked with a seriously disabled autistic gentleman who was nonverbal and would self-harm constantly. Haley fed this patient and managed his wounds. When the patient first came to us he would yell very loudly and if you did not know what was happening it would be unnerving. For four days, Haley took care of this young man with no complaints and probably gave the best care this young man has had in years. This is not the first time Haley has gone above and beyond what any other nurse would do.
Working with Haley is always easy. She is selfless and always willing to help fellow nurses."
Congratulations, Haley! Thank you for your hard work and commitment to providing quality and compassionate care to our patients. We are proud to have you on our team at Skagit Regional Health!
Click here to see Haley's DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses spotlight.
To learn more about the DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses and to nominate an inpatient nurse, visit www.skagitregionalhealth.org/daisy.
About The Healer's Touch statue: The statues awarded to DAISY Award® nominees are individually crafted by people in a town of Zimbabwe. The purchase of the statues is an essential financial support for that community.
Click here to learn more about the meaning and significance of The Healer's Touch statue and why it's a part of every DAISY Award® given.