Tori Jackson, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, receives DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Congratulations to Tori Jackson, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, from the Family Birth Center at Skagit Valley Hospital.
The DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses recognizes and honors the super-human work nurses do for patients and families every day. This award is presented to nurses who have been nominated as an outstanding role model for their clinical skill and providing compassionate care.
Nurses who receive DAISY awards consistently meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates excellent medical evaluation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Interacts with patients, families and staff in a professional and personable manner.
- Provides a consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Is thoughtful and caring in all situations.
- Works well with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates consistent use of the nursing process in patient care.
- Excellent educator of patients and their families.
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing.
Read the story included on Tori's nomination form:
"I am writing as the husband and father of two patients whom RN Tori Jackson cared for while we were at the family birth center: my wife and our baby girl. To put it simply, Tori is an amazing human whom I am grateful for. From the time we were admitted, Tori made sure my family was well cared for. She comforted my wife, who is a first-time mom, and helped guide our journey to becoming parents. Tori was supportive and compassionate as my wife labored. Little did my wife and I know there would be some complications after the birth of our beautiful baby girl. My wife lost a large amount of blood in a postpartum hemorrhage. Nurse Tori stayed with us and comforted us through this process. She explained everything to us and made sure we got answers to our questions.
I will admit I was scared, but knowing we had an amazing nurse who was there for us brought comfort to a very difficult situation. Nurse Tori was calm and professional, even when I saw concern on doctors' faces.
RN Tori Jackson is truly a hero and a blessing to my family. As our family grows, we look forward to coming to the Skagit Regional family birth center in the future. Please award RN Tori Jackson the DAISY Award for her amazing service to my family and her outstanding compassion and care."
Click here to see Tori's DAISY Award® for Extraordinary Nurses spotlight.