National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month has been celebrated in April since 2003 when Donate Life America and partnering organizations initially created it. The goal is to raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation and encourage Americans to register.
According to Donate Life America, there are numerous reasons to register:
- More than 100,00 people are waiting for a lifesaving transplant
- Every 9 minutes, another person is added to the donor waiting list
- 17 people die each day while waiting for an organ transplant
- 8 lives could be saved by donating your organs
- 2 people could have their sight restored with the donation of your cornea
- The donation of tissue can heal up to 75 people’s lives
This National Donate Life Month, Donate Life America and its partners encourage us to become educated about donation while honoring donors, recipients, families and caregivers. They also encourage us to recognize the clinical teams and their dedication
to helping honor the gift of donation while saving the lives of those waiting for a second chance at life.
Save a life. Register today. Learn more at www.donatelife.net/ndlm.