Residency Application Process
Learn More about Family Medicine Residency Program Application
Skagit Regional Health’s Family Medicine Residency Program currently provides exceptional training for twelve Family Medicine residents, including the enrollment of four new residents each year. We believe it is important for our residents to feel both supported and challenged in their clinical learning. Our ideal residents are curious, thoughtful and critical problem solvers that desire to continue on their journey of lifelong learning. If you are interested in applying for our Family Medicine Residency Program, please note:
- We participate in the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program).
- Applications are accepted only via ERAS® (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- We will accept International Medical Graduates with US citizenship and ECFMG Certification.
- We are not able to accept or sponsor any Visas at this time.
- We generally conduct interviews from October – January.
Are You a Preferred Family Medicine Residency Candidate?
Preferred candidates applying to the Skagit Regional Health Family Medicine Residency Program will meet the following criteria:
- Apply within one year of medical school graduation (DO or MD).
- Have COMLEX scores over 450 or USMLE scores over 220, no more than one exam failure allowed.
- Have interest in rural medicine and underserved populations.
- If you are an International Medical Graduate, you must have ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) certification.
For more information, please contact Dora Driscoll, Program Coordinator by email or call 360-814-2349.