Festival of Trees Gala & Auction
The Festival of Trees Gala and Auction is a Skagit Valley Hospital Foundation signature event, with more than 600 guests enjoying an evening of spirited bidding on 25 elaborately decorated Christmas trees. Funds raised during the Festival of Trees Gala supports the Foundation's fundraising initiatives. Proceeds from the 2019 Festival of Trees supported the Foundation's Women's Imaging Center Capital Campaign.
Record setting year for the Skagit Valley Hospital Foundation’s 31st Festival of Trees
The Skagit Valley Hospital Foundation’s 31st annual Festival of Trees raised more than $382,000 during Thanksgiving weekend. This year’s event set another fund-raising record since the event’s inception in 1989. Proceeds will support the Foundation’s $2 million Women’s Imaging Center Capital Campaign.
We are so very thankful to the community for their support of the event and ultimately, for their support of Skagit Regional Health,” said Linda Frizzell, executive director of the Skagit Valley Hospital Foundation.
In partnership with Title Sponsors Peoples Bank and Whidbey Coffee, the Foundation hosted three events during the Festival of Trees weekend at the Skagit Center in Burlington – “Rockin’ at the North Pole” Breakfast with Santa, sponsored by Banner Bank and Thomas Cuisine, two Family Festival Days, sponsored by Hawthorne Funeral Home and Memorial Park and Pacific Woodtech and the Saturday evening Gala and Auction sponsored by Heritage Bank and Dwayne Lane’s Skagit Subaru. The Fund-A-Dream, sponsored by Sound Physicians, raised more than $30,000 toward the purchase of equipment for the Women’s Imaging Center.
The Saturday gala was attended by more than 600 guests and featured the live auction of two dozen lavishly decorated Christmas trees and a variety of live auction packages, “pink” kayak raffle, tree raffle, designer wreaths and mini tabletop
trees. The U of W Husky - themed tree titled “Bough Down to Washington” honoring the University of Washington, the “Comfort and Joy” tree decorated with hand-crafted outdoor bar, fire pit and stone bench and a fishing trip
for four to Sitka, Alaska were the high-bid auction items.
Several honors were announced at the Designer Appreciation and Buyer “Sneak Peek” event:
- Designers’ Choice: “Have A Hygge Scandinavian Christmas” designed by Eddie Gordon, Andrew Pickens and Jennifer Bayse Sanders and Lee Ann Wing
- Best Children’s Theme: “Somewhere In Her Dreams” designed by Lena Beamer, Scott Sevieri, Madison Brink and Michael Cladoosby
- Most Traditional Theme: “Comfy, Cozy Are We” designed Megan Olson, Victoria Law and Rachel Olson
- Best Tree Topper: “Moroccan Around the Christmas Tree” designed Tami Sutter, Katie Hayton, Jenny Bergsma, Tara Jensen and Traci Montiel
- Festival Chairs’ Choice: “Santa, I Can Explain” designed by Bradley Sloan and Deanna Babington
- Foundation President’s Choice and Most Original Theme: “Sea La Vie” designed by Melissa Kingma, Stacey Perkins, Tracy Ecklebarger, Jeanne Petershagen and Megan Petershagen
- The Public’s Choice award went to “Nativity” designed by Evangeline Stiles, Kari Heiser, Julie Anderson, Tina Riggins, Katherine Olson and the Bethlehem Babes
Please join us in appreciating all of our Festival event sponsors including:
Team Health – Complimentary Bar Sponsor, Alfie Hill-Banta – Raffle Tree Sponsor, Rallye Auto Sales, Inc. – 50/50 Raffle Sponsor, Twin City Foods, Inc., - Best of Live Sponsor, Skagit Radiology, Inc. – glassybaby pop-up shop Sponsor, VSH Certified Public Accountants – Designer Wreaths and Mini Trees Sponsor, John Piazza, Jr. Construction & Remodeling – Visit with Santa Sponsor, Amerigroup – Kids’ Activities Sponsor
Mark your 2020 calendar! The 32nd Festival of Trees will be held Thanksgiving Weekend November 27 – 29, 2020.
For more information about Festival of Trees, please contact Wendy Ragusa.